Sunday, September 14, 2014

Be You

Something I have been thinking a lot about lately is the saying BE YOU. 


I first started thinking about BE YOU when I attended the 2014 LuLaRoe Convention. The main focus of convention was BE YOU! As I listened to one of the speakers talk about how their life changed when they decided to just be themselves it made me start thinking.


I first started thinking back to high school and always being worried about what everyone thought about me. I was always so concerned about what others thought that I don’t think I was ever truly comfortable enough to just be me. Now as I look back I realize that as much as I was worried about what others were thinking about me they were just as worried about what others thought about them. I was also feeling the same way as a young mother. I felt like I was always being judged and wondered if I was being the mother I was supposed to be. Was I raising my children right? I was so worried about what others thought about me!! This is when I decided that BE YOU was something I wanted to transfer into every aspect of my life.


This being said, the last two months I have really been trying to live by the idea of BE YOU. I now know that it is ok to be myself and as long as I am true to myself others will respect that, and I am ok with everyone not accepting me. As long as I am happy and being me that is all that matters. Some things I have noticed happen in the last 2 months have really surprised me and been amazing. I will share some of them with you!

I have been so much happier! 

I am more relaxed. 

I enjoy my day, and my time with my little boys. 

I have a higher self-esteem. 

I am not so quick to judge others. 





I would love for everyone to live by the idea of BE YOU!  I can’t wait to see how this continues to improve my life and the life of others around me. I also hope this idea will transfer to my children as I teach them and raise them. I want them to be the best them they can be.

Make sure you check back to the blog on September 29th for an amazing post that we've been working on.  It's a labor of love that 100+ other bloggers are contributing to!  #brassysecretproject #iambraveandbeautiful

-Chelsie

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I've used that sang for years and even have an awesome T-shirt that says Be-YOU-Tiful. ;) I love hearing from all my fellow BE-YOU-TIFUL friends (including those I haven't even met yet).

    ReplyDelete