Thursday, September 25, 2014

Trick-or-Treat and Baby feet

As we are getting in to autumn and prepping for the holidays I noticed that my CUTE Halloween decor was lacking.  I had plenty of scary and ugly but with 2 little boys running around I needed something more cute.  This is my Pinterest inspired "Trick-Or-Treat Smell My Feet"!


Cute right?!  Let's start crafting!  Here is everything that you'll need:




~White Plate 

~Acrylic Paint

~Sharpie Permanent Markers

~Cute Little Baby/Toddler Feet











To start off, make sure your plate is clean and dust free.  Then start writing the words.  I am not a perfect crafter and mess up quite often along the way.  Luckily I discovered that if you use nail polish remover and a cotton ball you can erase the letters and start over again.
 As you can see, I wrote 'treat' where I should have written 'trick'.  That's ok, it can be fixed!
After the words are written on the plate correctly, it's time to start painting some adorable little feet.  Luckily I was able to borrow my nephew's feet for the evening.
After painting his feet I realized that I used way too much paint.  Try to just paint the tips of the toes and lightly brush the rest of the foot.  From there you place the tiny foot on the plate.
**Tip: it is easier to bring the foot to the plate and press down firmly, their little toes will wiggle so this might be a 2 person job**

Place in the oven at 150 degrees for 30 min.  Then place on cooling racks until they are no longer hot.
There you go!  Cute (and cheap) Halloween decor that will bring lasting memories for years to come. They also make a great present for grandparents.  Good luck and have fun!

***This craft is meant to be a decoration only and not for eating off of.  The paint may wash of if washed/scrubbed.***


No comments:

Post a Comment