We all have them. They come in many forms but they are there none the less. It’s on days like this that I am truly grateful for small random acts of kindness:
- The extra help in the grocery store when you’re kids are screaming, you’re at the check out line, you can’t find your debit card and the women behind you pays for your groceries.
- A note sent by a neighbor thanking you always waving as you drive by.
- The loaf of homemade bread that a friend drops by just to say “I’m thinking of you”
- Giving someone who is homeless a granola bar and bottle of water because you have extra
- When a friend calls and says “Let me babysit your children tonight” so you can have a much needed date night with your spouse.
- Paying a compliment to another mom because you know how difficult being a mom can be sometimes.
We all need those ‘gifts’, those random acts of kindness that truly remind us that we are not alone. We are all moms in the trenches of life trying to raise children in this ever changing world. We need to step up to the plate, so to speak, and remember to pay it forward.
I love the end of that quote “...you get what you give so give good.” The grammar might not be perfect but the message is. We need to give. We need to help. We need each other because it is only by lifting others that we can truly rise.
There are so many ways that we can pay it forward. Here are a few examples:
Visit: www.abbafund.org/teamspray/ to donate.
Let’s make someones day a little better! Let’s join forces and buoy each other up in our times of need.