Thursday, October 23, 2014

The book that every parent needs for healthy kids

Once upon a time I was a Wendy's drive thru addict.  The fact that I know that it's called "THRU" and not "THROUGH" shows that I've driven up to a window plenty in my days...with kids in tow.

I remember the good old days of dinosaur chick nuggets and fish sticks.  I was doing the best I knew how but I wish I knew what I know now.  Nutrition is SO vital for growing brains and developing bodies and I really had no clue.

But one book changed it all for me.


The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood by the Sears family is hands down the best book I've ever read for transforming the health of your children (and yourself).  He opened my eyes to not only the simplest of concepts but made me quite an expert at the same time.

Watch the video here to allow me to tell you more about it.




This really is the most fantastic recipe which literally changed my family's life.  Make one blender full and nourish your entire crew!  This is the very same recipe that I started out in my earliest days as a total newbie and launched me in a new trajectory that would lead to where I am today.  A certified holistic health coach and essential oils educator.  My life's passion is health.   Old me would have never guessed in a million years that this is where I'd be.

Enjoy greater health for your family!

Order the book for yourself HERE.

Variation of Dr Sears recipe that transformed the health of not only my kids but EVERYONE in the family:

Lily's version of Dr Bill's School-Ade smoothie ( I have tweaked it to my personal preference)

(Makes 8 cups - enough for the WHOLE family)

1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (or add in a probiotic liquid supplement -gut and brain health!)
3 cups milk (I prefer a plant milk like almond or coconut and feel free to sub for water to save $$)
1 cup fresh spinach (This is how you secretly feed your kids a salad at breakfast!)
1-2 servings of JuicePlus Complete protein or other vegan protein powder
1 cup frozen blueberries (antioxidant power!)
1/2 cup frozen fruit blend (Costco bags in bulk)
2 tbsp coconut oil or flaxseed oil
2 Tbsp nut butter (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 avocado

Blend in a high powered blender until smooth. As liquid as needed for preferred texture.  I have learned from years of experience that this recipe is extremely flexible.  Don't stress over getting this exactly precise.  I NEVER measure and play around with it all the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment