Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Meet Michelle

Hi! I’m Michelle…


I seem to be the “Grandma” of this group but I’m excited to try to share some “Sage Thoughts” that come with age.

First and foremost, I am a wife, mother, and Grammy. Bob and I have been married for 31-1/2 years and have been through many different phases of horrible trials and joyous blessings…sometimes all at the same time!

We experienced infertility for over two years and then were blessed with boy/girl twins. Almost two and half years later, we realized how busy we were with twins when we had our first “single” little girl. Less than two and a half years later, we were VERY surprised to receive our last little addition…another girl. Zack and Mallorie are now almost 29, Sammi is 26, and Maddi is 24. All are married to WONDERFUL people and we've been blessed with three adorable little grandsons. We never realized how much fun it was going to be to play “Grammy and Bumpa” but we LOVE every minute of it!

I’m also a member of the “Sandwich Generation” in that I am busy with my own children and grandchildren but I’m also the only caregiver for my mom. She is currently living in an assisted living facility and is nearing the end of her journey on this earth. It’s a blessing to be able to be with her and help her understand the eternities but also very hard to watch. It’s incredibly hard to want to be with her every moment but also know I have to take care of my other responsibilities. 

Seventeen years ago, with the help of an AMAZING husband and the kids’ sacrificing a lot of “mom-time,” I graduated college in three years and eight months (that’s from zero credits to honors!! Ya…I’m VERY proud of that!!).

I also love serving my Heavenly Father as the Primary President in my ward. (I’m a Mormon :)) I have loved learning the gospel in the simplest of terms and being able to teach and love the sweet little children in our ward each week. I love the gospel with all my heart and can’t imagine my life without it! I can’t wait to get to know each of you and share our thoughts on womanhood and all the blessed things that come with that title.

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment