Friday, August 22, 2014

Meaning of Motherhood


A few words that describe what motherhood means to me

putting your kids first, being a friend, being their cheerleader, 
listen, give good advice and support, endless supply of LOVE! 

 When I think about the word Mother I think of my beautiful mother, she is such an amazing woman. I try to be more like her everyday. She would give her kids anything even if it meant she had to go without. She was a daily example of selfless love.

Being a mother is the most rewarding and hardest job I have ever had. I love being the mother of two crazy boys. Is my life perfect? No. Am I a perfect mother? No. One of my favorite sayings about being a mother is:


I think this is something that we all need to remember. 

I see so much negativity lately with moms judging each other because they are doing something different. I love to get tips and advice from other moms! It helps me to know that I'm not alone in my daily battles, little or big.  Every kid is different which means there is not one way to be a mother.

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to focus on being more patient and calm with my boys.
 I have been trying to do a little better each day. 


Some of the things that I've been working on are getting upset less over the big things and the small things.  There are going to be moments, some times daily where it all feels like its going to fall apart.  Those moments are when I step back and realize it isn't the end of the world.  I'm also trying to raise my voice less, stopping to actually listen, and letting my kids simply be kids. I am realizing how fast they are growing up. They will only be little for what seems like small moments and I want those moments to be lived in and not endured.

My reality as a mother includes toys all over the floor, happy kids who can quickly turn into grumpy kids. Getting paid with kisses, hugs, and snuggles.  And of course my day wouldn't be complete without dressing up as a superhero.


-Chelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment